Sunday, October 5, 2008

those were de days....my friends lalalalala...

when i read wen's blog dis morning- i remembered those good old days when my nieces n nephews n of course me, myself were young.....

wen, remember the times when we pounded groundnuts with sugar???the huffs n puffs we had trying to separate the groundnuts from its skin. came to one stage when we used the hair dryer !!!! mouth watering juz thinking of it.... haven't had those in decades!!! must pound again once u come bak. hehe!!

my nieces surely remember de white bread- ist layer -milo, den sweetened condensed milk for the 2nd layer n milo again for the third layer n maybe fine sugar 4 last layer!!!!! Oooooo reali sweet! u noe me - a SWEEET lady...wen u din try it in sa. should b easy to get milo n milk.

den comes NUTELLA .... whalla ... till now i still can't resist it! Mu-wei oso loves it!!! Lk his mum,he oso has a sweet tooth. bak in penang, every holiday will buy a bottle n we will have a fun time trying to find the bottle of nutella. enjoyed spreading nutella on the bread n the knife will be practically finger licking clean!!!!!



den comes hokkien mee at ema's/por2's market. i guess when one is small your orders for hokkien mee is the same - only mee no taugeh. all of you still order the same? the three males in my family oso the same except for the amount of chilli:- uncle kiat n ern (3-4tsp)wei (1-2 tsp) Till today the best hokkien mee stall in sp canot compare to the stall at fettes park market!!!!! so you can imagine how bad the kedahans taste buds are!!!! when we go bak, we are lkie the hungry ghosts, wanting to eat everything n anything that we crave for........ penang hakwer food...when i come bak to sp have to diet for the next few days...








6 comments:

Huey said...

That hokkien mee is good meh? I never really tasted before. So far my favourite is my school's hokkien mee (blek!) and the one in town one.

Oh and since you do update your blog, I shall link you also. :D

Shu-Min said...

the milo+condensed milk is KUKU'S HOME RECIPE.. no one knows it!

tanshuyin said...

wah...white bread with milo+condensed milk nya. where got put sugar? put sugar dee mah geli! so sweet! hahaha

Shurainian said...

Wow
I LIKE ALL!!!!!
You all very bad la, making me gien..
Kuku, when is the next time we can eat together? Very hard to get together now, especially when New Year also you are not in Pg!

ruoshiRED said...

oooh i rmb that.... hahaha the milo and bread thingy...

mimiteekay said...

ruoshi: u really dun update ur blog. its a year old la!!!!!